It ended up being quite a big party. Being in the middle of summer and with vacations and all I figured maybe a little more than half of the invited guests would be able to attend. Well, it turned out that all but a few made it. And I'm really glad that so many people could come but it was a little stressful. Luckily I had planned an outdoor sprinkler party that wasn't all circus related but it was fun, and easy and the decorations were circus so that was good enough.
I used a pinterest idea and used plastic tablecloths to fashion a "big top tent" under our deck. Everyone got a clown nose to take home in addition to their goody bag. Here are a few pictures of the event:
Decorations wise, this may have been my favorite party so far. (The super-hero party from last year was probably my all time favorite because it was small and personal, and let's face it, adorable). But somehow I think I over-do it and under-do it at the same time. I'm not sure how that is possible, except that it is. Had I been a better planner I would have had some games - but with 25 kids of varying ages it seemed nearly impossible to organize games that everyone would want to play and it seemed like a lot of work. Or maybe a balloon artist. And I probably went overboard on the food...we had popcorn and popsicles and candy and nachos for snacks, then sandwiches and wraps and fruit and veggies for lunch. We had way too many leftovers. Anyway, I think the kids had a good time and really, that is all that matters.
I love birthdays and making them a big deal. And I love throwing birthday parties, both big ones and little ones, to let my babies know how special I think they are.
1 comment:
I think your party was awesome.
You took the time to really plan it out. That is a awesome Mom! I love your pictures!
Post a Comment